1- Cookies and browsing data
Technical cookies are required for the proper functioning of a website and to allow users to browse it. Without these, the user may not be able to view the pages properly or use some of the services.
Profiling cookies are used to create user profiles, to send advertising messages according to the preferences shown during browsing.
Cookies can also be classified as follows:
– “session cookies“, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed;
– “persistent cookies“, which remain in the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognise a device logging onto a website in order to make the logging operation easier for the user;
– “proprietary cookies“, which are generated and managed directly by the operator of the website on which the user is browsing.
– “third-party cookies“, which are generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing.
2- Cookies used on the website
This website uses the following types of cookie:
– proprietary, session and persistent cookies, required to allow the browsing of the website for internal security and system administration purposes;
– third-party, session and persistent cookies, required to allow the user to utilise multimedia features of the website such as images and videos;
– third-party, persistent cookies used by the website to send anonymous statistical information to Google Analytics, through which I can carry out statistical analysis of the hits/visits to the website. The cookies are only used for statistical purposes and the information is collected in aggregate form. Using a pair of cookies, one persistent and one session (expiring when the browser is closed), Google Analytics will also save a record of the start time and end time of the visit to the website. It is possible to prevent Google from recording this data via cookies and subsequent processing of data by downloading and installing a browser plug-in from the following address: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en–GB&safe=strict
3- How to disable cookies on your browser
For more information on how to set cookie preferences or deactivate cookies using your browser, please read the following instructions:
– Internet Explorer;